i finally learn why i don't go to church

1.15.2016

i was in the car with my mom. it was about a 30 minute drive on a highway. of course we're talking. Somehow religion comes up. we talk about gay marriages and abortion and such {i have nothing against either one, btw} then i ask her, why we stop going to church.

{i went to church when i was about 4 until i was 6 or 7, so a longish time ago. all i remember is playing with clay in sunday school and eating stale crackers and grape juice.}

this is shocked me.

we stopped going because the pastor believed dinasours did not exsist. he thought that god had put the fossils in the earth to decieve man.

what the freakin hell is this guy talking about?

"it was all i could do to not get you and walk right out of that church and never look back," is what my mom told me.

i'm sorry to all y'all religious Christians, but science rules religion every day. 

so i finally learned why i don't go to church.

___

hey so it's been a while.

sorry? 

anyways. i've had a lack of posting ideas,

so at this point this blog is mostly for my rants and such.

{if you want consistent emily writing and photography, click here}

peace out

emily

2 comments:

  1. hey. you've been nominated for an award on my blog, sincerely allie. (sincerelyallied.blogspot.com)

    Allie D.
    www.alliesblogdesigns.blogspot.com
    www.friendlovesatalltimes.blogspot.com
    www.sincerelyallied.blogspot.com
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Egad! That is truly unfortunate. I am a believer in Christ, and while I don't claim to have all the answers about scientific things, I do think that that pastor's view of God is pretty cynical. God doesn't attempt to deceive man; only the devil does that. God sent Jesus to rescue us -- He is very much loving and compassionate. Anyways! I was obsessed with dinosaurs as a kid so I'd really like to believe they existed, thank you very much ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I'm glad you liked my post and thanks for taking the time to comment. Feel welcome to disagree with someone's comment, but please disagree nicely. The golden rule: treat others how you want to be treated. ♥

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS