The Whispers of The Lake

1.06.2015



I have been doing some writing and I have finally decided to post it: 
The Whispers of the Lake
 This is the story of 13 year old Ocean Jenkins. I have decided to post chapter by chapter starting with the prologue. I hope you like it.

Prologue:   
The lake was still. The night was warm and sticky like all summer nights. There was a slight breeze that sent a chill down my spine. The stars twinkled above and the full moon illuminate the ground in front of me as I ran to the edge of the lake. I was curious, regardless of what my older sister said about how curiosity killed the cat. I was daring, even when other scolded me for being like that. I was careless and didn’t think about consequences. I still don’t.
  I ran over soft, green grass, around the tall, lanky trees, and down the gently sloping hill. I saw in the distance the silent, somber lake. I hurried to reach it. I paused just before the edge of the lake. I leaned over the water, ever so slightly, as I stared at my reflection. All I saw was myself. 13 year old Ocean Jenkins. With the boring brown eyes, and long, straight brown hair.
 The sounds of drifting laughter from my parents and chirping crickets seemed to become less distinct as I became one with the lake. I soon couldn’t remember why I came to the lake at all. Something drew me to it, like an invisible force. Then I heard a whispering of some sort, so I leaned closer. I barely felt myself tip forward into the cool water of the lake.
 When I opened my eyes no fish swam around me. I was alone in the Lake.
 But I wasn’t alone.
 I felt it whisper to me, calling me into the depths of the lake. I resisted, knowing my mother would not be pleased if I was soaked from head to toe in lake water. I began to swim up to the surface of the water as I was almost out of breath. I broke through at the last second, gasping for air.
I pulled myself out of the lake before I realize this; the gently sleeping hills, soft green grass and towering trees seized to exist. I heard no laughter from my parents or chirping of crickets. I didn’t even here the whispering of the lake. I only heard silence.
I wasn’t at the Whispering Lake.  So the only question I had, was where am I?

Emily and here own whispering lake

4 comments:

  1. Oh my word. This sounds amazing. You are a really, really talented writer!! EEE I'm excited to read chapter one!!xD
    ~Rylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rylee! I'm glad you are excited for it!
      ~Emily

      Delete
  2. This is SO beautiful!! I am honestly so excited to read Chapter 1! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arushee! I'm glad you are excited for chapter 1!
      ~Emily

      Delete

Hey! I'm glad you liked my post and thanks for taking the time to comment. Feel welcome to disagree with someone's comment, but please disagree nicely. The golden rule: treat others how you want to be treated. ♥

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS