Childhood wishes

1.20.2015

Wishes of child hood
Remembrance of carefree times
Lazy afternoons
Care free and happy

Dress up and tea parties
Coloring and "reading"
Playing with dolls
Dreaming of pretend lands

Those days are gone
I am stressed and busy
Rushing here and there
Not a relaxing moment

Dance and theatre
School and hours of homework
Reading and [trying to find] time to write
Too many activities to "Relax"

How I wish I had 
time to slow down
and watch 
as time goes by
******
Today I "played" with a five year old, T. 
She is one interesting gal.
T. reminded me of what it was like
being 5 and I realize how much
I miss it.
Do you miss being younger?

Emily and childhood wishes

6 comments:

  1. Yes. Being young is so carefree.
    When your young you don't have a care in the world.
    You don't care what you look like. You don't care what you wear.
    You don't care about a single stinkin think is the world. You just have fun.
    But as you get older, you worry about homework, what you look like, make up, clothes and learn about all the hard things in life and realize, this world isn't what you thought it was.
    beautiful poem.<3
    ~Ry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rylee! I defiantly care about what I look like now.
      ~Emily

      Delete
  2. I do miss being young. I miss not knowing anything, and being carefree. I miss being able to be picked up by my parents and twirled around.
    Yet, I'm happy to not be little. I'm happy to have likes and dislikes. To know who I am as a person. What I can handle. What limits I can push myself to.
    It's kind of a mixed thing. I miss it. But then, I don't.
    ~Adi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand-I guess that there is both good and bad things to being young (and older)
      ~Emily

      Delete
  3. I love this so much. <3
    And yes, childhood is a strange thing. I'm glad it happened, but I'm happy where I am now and probably wouldn't go back if I had the chance.

    ~K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelsey!
      I am pretty happy where I am now!
      ~Emily

      Delete

Hey! I'm glad you liked my post and thanks for taking the time to comment. Feel welcome to disagree with someone's comment, but please disagree nicely. The golden rule: treat others how you want to be treated. ♥

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS