Him

2.06.2015

I wonder if I'm shivering
from the cold
or my nervousness
of seeing Him

As snow falls heavily
winds whip my fingers and nose
and I question when he comes

Shaken by the thought
that He may not come
my heart jumps to my throat

My breaths are uneven
my heart is the only beat I hear
I close my eyes
I try to remain calm
then I give up

And as I am about 
to turn around,
turn to safty
I spot
Him

He runs to me
and I run to him
he is covered in snow
as I am too

I feel his warmth
in one single hug
And as we turn together,
turn to safety,
 the snow seems to fall
a little slower
******

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I'm glad you liked my post and thanks for taking the time to comment. Feel welcome to disagree with someone's comment, but please disagree nicely. The golden rule: treat others how you want to be treated. ♥

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS