Judging

3.17.2015






I have reasons to say * is mean and rude. That he only likes to play tricks on people in the middle of class. Acting like he 'Cares' about a special needs girl before joking with his friends. Pretending like he's so cool and the greatest person in the world. I never thought he had a nice bone in his body. Today I'm considering whether I judged him too quickly.

4th bell art today. * and I are the only people finished with our paintings. My art teacher sends us outside the class room to model with non-drying out clay. "Create what you want," she said. Only * and I are out there. The whole time I was with him, sculpting and stuff, he was nice to me. And it seemed for real too. * talked to me and acted nicer than he has to me than before. But is he nice?

If he is genually nice, he would only be pretending to 'impress' his friends when he acts rude. If he isn't... I guess * only wants to have someone to talk too (He has quite the big mouth)

This actually reminds me of my brother; some of his friends are calm and nice (so he becomes calm and nice) His other friends like to use the words Freaking and H*** (at the age of 8) Then my brother is a little less nice.

Boys are weird creatures. 
Any suggestions on my situation?
Emily 
p.s.
happy St. Patrick's Day!

 
 

2 comments:

  1. GOSH DARN IT I WROTE A LONG, INSPIRING COMMENT AND I OPENED A NEW TAB AND BLOGGER DELETED IT! >: (
    Ok. Here it is again.
    Boys and girls are pretty much the same except for private parts.
    We can be weird, stupid, brilliant, funny, aloof, loving, butt heads, sweet...
    We are unfathomable to all but ourselves.
    But we change the way we act to please the crowd we are with. If you hang out with the butt heads you are going to act like a butt head. If you hang with the geeks you are going to read lots of books and be a tad quiet.
    Depending on who you are with, your attitude and personality change throughout the day. I know because I do it myself. With my friends my mouth runs wild and lots of clever things come out, but with those also swear words or mildly offensive comments. On here every thought is fully formulated. I am composed and try not to say anything controversial. Because that's how we do it, as AG bloggers, there is an unspoken code of conduct to protect the youngest minds and most sheltered upbringings. (That I sometimes fail at)
    So yes. Since mr. Asterisk was sculpting with a wholesome? person like you, he was inclined to be mellow and pleasant.
    It's called the social survival mammoth.
    http://waitbutwhy.com/2014/06/taming-mammoth-let-peoples-opinions-run-life.html
    Above is one of my favorite Wait But Why articles, explaining my mammoth comment.

    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate it when blogger acts up! This comment is just as lovely as the other one was, I'm sure:)
      That was a very good article and I have noticed that unspoken code of conduct.
      I think this is similar to the introvert/extrovert thing. (Who you hang out with affects what you're like)
      Thanks for showing me the article!
      ~Emily

      Delete

Hey! I'm glad you liked my post and thanks for taking the time to comment. Feel welcome to disagree with someone's comment, but please disagree nicely. The golden rule: treat others how you want to be treated. ♥

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS