Losing Time

3.12.2015


"Lost time is never found again,"
~Benjamin Franklin
Plop.
Sliding,
driving
to the edge.

Perfect circle
dribbles down
curving as it rounds the 
edge.

Falling,
lost into the air
plummeting to the earth
Plops to the ground.

Soaking,
into the dry land.
Absorbed in a second.
Lost time,
Never found 
~
Hello, Hello! *Sings*
I'm in a SINGING mood.
*Jazz hands*
And I am NOT a good singer!
(That's why I dance)
only it's 6 in the morning and no one else in my family is awake.
(I'm an early bird)
I hope you liked the poem!
Emily

4 comments:

  1. I love the idea for the poem! And I can just see so perfectly the path the drop of time takes, to the edge and then around the circle and such. Great job!
    *jazz hands right back at you* I love jazz hands. So does my friend. She does them all the time.

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellie! I found this quote and then the picture and something clicked in my mind!
      *Jazz hands!* My friend loves them too! She's in my jazz class and every once in a while we have *jazz hands*
      ~Emily

      Delete
  2. It is I, she with the jazziest hands of them all! XD
    Yes, I did like your poem. The surface tension of water is s beautiful thing, how round it is, how cool that it holds itself together.
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I'm glad you liked my post and thanks for taking the time to comment. Feel welcome to disagree with someone's comment, but please disagree nicely. The golden rule: treat others how you want to be treated. ♥

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS