Team+Yellow Flicker Beat

3.07.2015


Wait 'til you're announced
We've not yet lost all our graces
The hounds will stay in chains
Look upon Your Greatness and she'll send the call out


Call all the ladies out
They're in their finery
A hundred jewels on throats
A hundred jewels between teeth
Now bring my boys in
Their skin in craters like the moon
The moon we love like a brother, while he glows through the room


Dancin' around the lies we tell
Dancin' around big eyes as well
Even the comatose they don't dance and tell



We live in cities you'll never see on screen
Not very pretty, but we sure know how to run things
Living in ruins of a palace within my dreams
And you know, we're on each other's team



I'm kind of over getting told to throw my hands up in the air, so there
So all the cups got broke shards beneath our feet but it wasn't my fault
And everyone's competing for a love they won't receive
'Cause what this palace wants is release




I'm kind of over getting told to throw my hands up in the air
So there
I'm kinda older than I was when I revelled without a care
So there



I’m a princess cut from marble, smoother than a storm.
And the scars that mark my body, they’re silver and gold,
My blood is a flood of rubies, precious stones,
It keeps my veins hot, the fire's found a home in me.
I move through town, I’m quiet like a fight,
And my necklace is of rope, I tie it and untie.


And now people talk to me, but nothing ever hits home
People talk to me, and all the voices just burn holes.
I’m done with it 


This is the start of how it all ends
They used to shout my name, now they whisper it
I’m speeding up and this is the red, orange, yellow flicker beat sparking up my heart
We're at the start, the colours disappear
I never watch the stars, there’s so much down here
So I just try to keep up with the red, orange, yellow flicker beat sparking up my heart


I dream all year, but they’re not the sweet kinds
And the shivers move down my shoulder blades in double time


And now people talk to me, I’m slipping out of reach now
People talk to me, and all their faces blur
But I got my fingers laced together and I made a little prison
And I’m locking up everyone who ever laid a finger on me
I’m done with it 


And this is the red, orange, yellow flicker beat sparking up my heart
And this is the red, orange, yellow flicker beat-beat-beat-beat  
~
I never watch the stars, there's so much down here
This is one of the parts that I always hear. I love to watch the stars but there is a lot "Down here"
There is a solo dance to this song and it is so powerful.
(The song alone is, but the soloist at my studio is even more amazing:)
Emily
 

2 comments:

  1. OOH LORDE. I love her music (especially "Team", "Glory and Gore", and "Royals"). I love first, fifth, and second-to-last pics. I think that all the pictures, though, really speak to the lyrics. :)

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellie! I love Lorde too!
      ~Emily

      Delete

Hey! I'm glad you liked my post and thanks for taking the time to comment. Feel welcome to disagree with someone's comment, but please disagree nicely. The golden rule: treat others how you want to be treated. ♥

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS