The Time I Broke My Promise

5.13.2015

  "We will still be friends next year, right?" Loni* asked last June as we sweated through our P.E. laps.  "Promise me."
 "Yeah," I say "Sure. I promise.". 
Truth: I didn't mean it
  Loni was annoying. She was rude to some people because they were rude to her. I didn't want to stop being her friend because other than me and Kendall*, she didn't have any friends. Or so I thought.



  In History last year, the desks were set up in groups of three. You got to choose where you sat. Even though we could, the groups stayed the same almost all of the year. It was always Kendall, Loni then me. But towards May, Loni switched Kendall out for Autumn*. Without asking Kendall or me. Soon I sat with Loni and Autumn. As for Kendall, she sat with Ekene* at another group. That's when I became seriously fed up with Loni. 

  I started to sit with Ekene and Kendall instead. And we had a lot of fun. Then over the summer, she went to Idaho and I stayed in XXX (My state). Our friendship fizzled out by September. And now, this year, we have no classes together anyway. 

  But I still have this nagging feeling of a promise I broke.And I keep seeing that look in her eyes. So is it okay to break a promise?

I still have no idea. Even almost a year later. 

 Have you ever broken a promise?

Emily

3 comments:

  1. Oh, a ton of times. I have a friend kinda like this Loni, tbh. We used to be really good friends, but then she was homeschooled for a few years, during which time, unbeknownst to me, her parents turned her into a really weird extremist. So when she comes back and is weird, I feel bad for not still treating her like a friend, but at the same time....ugh. I really do feel like I should still treat her nicely, though.

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am finally starting to learn that.
    I'm glad that went well for you!
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I'm glad you liked my post and thanks for taking the time to comment. Feel welcome to disagree with someone's comment, but please disagree nicely. The golden rule: treat others how you want to be treated. ♥

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS