A letter to myself

6.16.2015

Dear Emily,
You've been through a lot.
You've felt left out and ignored. Awkward and different. You're face gets super red with a mention of your name. You've been embarrassed and laughed at. Teachers call on you when they know you don't know the answer. But you've also found some true friends. Ones who actually care about you.

You're observant. And a coding nerd who loves to read and write.
You take art even if you suck at drawing.
But you dance like it's no body's business.

You worry. For no reason.
You plan and be the map girl.

People trust you and your like there therapist.

You've learned to make friends but not depend on them.
You've learned how to be alone, but not lonely.
You've failed. But keep going anyway. 
No one can tell you what you can and can't do.

I respect you.

Sincerly,
Emily


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah....
      I can do some basic stuff, not much to brag about. I'm gonna work on it this summer when I have more time to.
      ~Emily

      Delete
  2. Amazing letter <3 very inspirational.

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellie. I'm glad you found it inspirational
      ~Emily

      Delete
  3. Anonymous16.6.15

    Wow I wish I could be good at that. I loved it. <3

    ~Watermelon~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Watermelon. I'm glad you liked it!
      ~Emily

      Delete
  4. Most of this describes me.. reading is my favorite thing to do! I suck at drawing to, unless it's Disney characters but I love to dance. Hey, I don't think your face ever gets as red as mine, when I'm embarrassed I turn tomato red. I think it would be fun to write a letter to yourself! Very motivational :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I know what you mean. And thanks!
      ~Emily

      Delete

Hey! I'm glad you liked my post and thanks for taking the time to comment. Feel welcome to disagree with someone's comment, but please disagree nicely. The golden rule: treat others how you want to be treated. ♥

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS