I haven't told anyone else but..

8.14.2015

Not many people know this but,

I have another sister.

Sure, I have my sister, Maddy who I've took photos of, but I have another sister in between my brother and Maddy.

Her name is Mackenzie, or Kenzie. To give a brief description, she's short, about my height when I was her age, has long, mostly tangled, red hair and freckles all over her face with clear blue eyes and going into middle school (at the same nerd school as me!)

More than that, Kenzie is a relatively quiet girl (although she talks to me and Mady a lot!) who loves science and astronomy. She likes the color green, even though I say the color is not for her.

Most of the time we get along.

But here's the interesting part:

Mackenzie doesn't exist.

My real sister, Maddy and I made her up after my brother wouldn't play hide and seek with us. Next thing you know,  I'm hanging out with her anywhere I go.

Yes, I know what you're thinking:

Emily is so pathetic to be in her teens and still have a imaginary friend.

But in reality, I'm not.

(This is where the plot thickens)
 
*Cue dramatic music* 

Quite a few years before I was born, my parents tried to have a kid, but my mom had a miscarriage. So now I imagine a slightly younger version of the dead not-even-a-baby (if she/he was born and lived to the present) as my sister.

|Not so weird now, huh?|
~


(I totally understand if you're confused. Comment bellow if you have questions)


 

10 comments:

  1. What is one supposed to say to something like this?
    "My imaginary friend was jar jar binks when I was five."
    "Ooh, miscarriage? That's sad."
    "Your imaginary sister sounds like Merida from Brave."
    "I mostly talk to people in my head now."
    ??????
    I'm not good at communicating. How do you even person?

    I want you to write one of your stories about this. About Kenzie doing her thing and talking to you guys or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D

      Okay. That sounds like a good idea to me...

      Delete
  2. Hey, isn't the WCC starting today?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful. What happened was tragic but I think it's so beautiful that you take the time to imagine what she would be like. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear that your mom had a miscarriage, but I think you came up with such a wonderful way to remember and acknowledge your sister. <3
    xo Adi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Adaline <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still have imaginary friends. I'm almost 11 and I pretend I'm sisters with a famous YouTuber.
    Aw, a miscarriage. That's sad.
    ~Kelsi~

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I'm glad you liked my post and thanks for taking the time to comment. Feel welcome to disagree with someone's comment, but please disagree nicely. The golden rule: treat others how you want to be treated. ♥

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS