night in august

8.03.2015



The moon was out last night.

Filling the empty space with

light.

Full and round, shining silver into my room,

through my sheer curtains,

and onto the street below.

I slipped out of bed.

Padded my way across my bedroom floor.

Unlocked my windows with a small 

click

and pushed it up.

The sounds of crickets chirping became louder,

a song of summer.

The sounds of my house, more distant.

I felt the sticky, summer breeze brush against my face.

Elbows on the window sill,

Hands against my chin,

I sighed.  

Slowly, I pushed down my window.

Shut it once again with a 

click

and slunk back to my bed.

Locking out another August Evening. 
xxxx
The moon was georgous last night, at least from my window.
Did you see the moon?
 
 

10 comments:

  1. The moon is one of my favorite things. We didn't see it last night, but the night before it was so bright that there were shadows! I went out and danced in it, of course. And then I took out the camera and tried to take a picture, which didn't turn out very well, but I did learn about long exposures. Things went better with the tripod, so the moon was nice and clear (and not flying all over the screen!) but still to far away. Maybe I'll post that adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!
      I'd love to read about that adventure!
      Whenever I try to capture the moon in a photograph, it's always to far away.

      Delete
  2. This is so lovely! My favourite line is "I felt the sticky summer breeze brush against my face", hehe. Can definitely relate. c:
    Junniku Korean beauty blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was beautiful-loved it!
    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous18.8.15

    Do you take all the pictures that you post because I really like the pics they make your blog look so colorful and your writing is amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hema!
      I take some of the photos, although most are from Pinterest:)

      Delete

Hey! I'm glad you liked my post and thanks for taking the time to comment. Feel welcome to disagree with someone's comment, but please disagree nicely. The golden rule: treat others how you want to be treated. ♥

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS