On the Other Side of Reality Contest Entry

9.26.2015




I walk slowly.
Slipping outside my chamber
and onto the narrow, 
concrete edge.

I swallow.
It's a long way down.
I shake my head.
It will take even longer 
to fix this.

Fix this mess. 
The mess I didn't make.
The kingdom-in ruins.
My parents-dead.
Myself- unsure.

Wouldn't it be easier,
I tell myself,
to jump rather than 
to live?

I glance down at the
dizzying 
height. 
I feel my self swaying,

I'm ready to let go.

As I feel my self
fall forward
releasing my grip on the window's edge.
And I slip.

Freeing myself
from this burden
in which most call
life.

*****
So this is my entry.
I decided to just write and not judge myself. 
And I guess I wrote a poem.
I hope it's pretty good.
(Although slightly depressing and dramatic)
Anyway.
Peace.




8 comments:

  1. Amazing! I love the wAy you have set it out!!

    Keep it up!!

    XXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the last couple stanzas! I love the darkness :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellie! It was quite different for me bu I do like it.

      Delete
  3. I love your writing style! It is vague, yet it really captures the emotion of the character. Great job!! :)
    ~Ginny

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I'm glad you liked my post and thanks for taking the time to comment. Feel welcome to disagree with someone's comment, but please disagree nicely. The golden rule: treat others how you want to be treated. ♥

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS