The Morning After the Rain

10.03.2015








Golden light filters into my room
softly.
With a delicate hand,
I push the sheer curtains 
away.

I unlock the window with a
click
then push it up.

The sky
I whisper.
I stare a moment longer.
Caught
in amazement.

The rain has stopped.
The skies are blue,
like your eyes.
The clouds were cream colored,
like your skin,
lit up by the sunrise.

A breeze
cuts
through the
thick, humid air.

The streets are
still damp.
The ground,
still soaked,
overflowing with the
hope
of water.

But
the birds sing.
That sound brings
hope
in the morning
after the rain
 

 *****
Hello.
How's life for y'all?
Mine's going fairly well.

I went to the library this afternoon and got 12 books.
I've already read 2 of them, Finding Audrey and My Heart and Other Back Holes. Both dealt with mental illnesses. I recommend both.

In other news, I've changed my blog design. 
I think I like it (at least for now)
I just got bored with the old one and wanted something new. (Let me know what you think:)

The ony problem with reading wo books in one day is that i have to do SO MUCH HOMEWORK tomorrow which is a pain in the butt. Oh well. I'l have to hike up my skirt and get it done. (Including two essays and an English project plus a gazilion French and science worksheets.)

xoxo

 


13 comments:

  1. Stunning writing. I can envision the scene so clearly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellie! Your writing is amazing too!

      Delete
  2. Wow, those pictures are truly stunning, particularly 1, 4 and 7! I love your new blog design too! <3

    Curse homework!

    - www.whatlexieloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still raining here :(. Love the new design. Great post and pictures. Where'd you get the designing materials? Thanks

    Allie D.
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( Thanks Allie!
      I used this website:
      http://www.designerblogs.com/free-blog-templates/
      and I installed a free template.
      No problem!

      Delete
  4. I love your poems so much! They are very relaxing to read. This one reminds me of a beach town i like to go to. When I'm the first one up I open the window and listen to whe wind and the waves and smell the rain on the sidewalks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gwen!
      I love listening to the wind and rain does have a good smell...

      Delete
  5. Your photos are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're such a talented writer Emily oh my God.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Homework can be evil.
    I love how the pictures go with the poem so well, the sunshine really gives life to the poem!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I'm glad you liked my post and thanks for taking the time to comment. Feel welcome to disagree with someone's comment, but please disagree nicely. The golden rule: treat others how you want to be treated. ♥

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS