FLC Writing Picture Prompt

8.18.2015

   (Using the 1st picture)
     Sighing I glance around my room. Same as always; flowers hanging around everywhere, including in my hair. Mostly wild flowers that grew up the sides of the castle tower I was locked into.
     Still wearing my, white, light night gown, I walked to the only window in the tower. Light filled every space in the room. The sun was still rising and I could see it perfectly. Resting my hands on the window's edge, I sighed.
     "Allegro!" My mother barked awakening from my fantasy of leaving this tower. "Enough dilly dallying. Things need to be done. Cleaning, laundry..."
     Slowly my mind began to wander and her voice faded out as she listed my endless chores. I tried to look focused, but all I could think of is how I wish I was more like my name, Allegro. I'm supposed to be lively, but in this tower... I never do anything but complete chores and sit around.
    "Do you understand?" Mother asked with a raised eybrow, suddenly pulling me back into reality.
    "Yes mother," I replied before reaching for the broom. I turned around for no longer than a minute before Mother dispersed.
    Once again I sighed.
    Living in this cold, stone tower was boring. And lonely.
    I had no choice but to begin cleaning up; Mother would be back at sunset to judge my work.
~
I'm not gonna lie:
I had trouble writing this.
Whenever I started, I hated what I wrote (too borring to long, not enough dialogue, poor characters...) but I finally gave up. 
So I wrote.
And I didn't edit, 
only wrote. And now I have this. 
(I think I did pretty well....)
 
 

16 comments:

  1. I like it! Team Hobbit?
    <3Bella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bella!
      Nope. I wish tho, cuz your team is kicking my team's butt xD

      Delete
    2. I see an enemy in my presence! XD I'm just kidding. It is sad that you aren't on the same team though.
      <3Bella

      Delete
    3. Great job Emily! And don't worry, Team Hippogriff is going to win this thing! We can do it! I'm drawing my character for the next challenge, just for the extra 5 points.

      Delete
    4. Thanks Tenley!
      Me too! I don't think my drawing is that good, but if it gets us five extra points....

      Delete
    5. I'm excited to see your character design! I've already done mine, I just haven't posted it. I really like the way mine turned out! I LOVE designing characters!

      Delete
    6. Nope, Team Hobbit is going to win! :)
      <3Bella

      Delete
  2. You did do very well! Congrats! You are an awesome writer! :)

    Allie D.
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH I LOVE THIS AND NOW I WANT MORE!!!!
    fairytales have always fascinated me and this was so well executed.
    can't even handle your writing right now <3 XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Allegro. She seems like an awesome character!
    Sometimes it's nice to just write and write and not worry about whether or not it will turn out good. I know how horrible it can feel when you just can't write something you think is good.

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellie!
      Yeah it kinda sucks...

      Delete
  5. I like it! Your description of Allegro was really good!:) I know how it feels to think your work just stinks! Your story was great though!:D
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I'm hosting a blog chain on my blog, it'll be great if you can participate (no pressure, though). Here's a link: http://theparadoxicanomaly.blogspot.in/2015/08/the-paradoxic-anomaly-blog-chain.html

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I'm glad you liked my post and thanks for taking the time to comment. Feel welcome to disagree with someone's comment, but please disagree nicely. The golden rule: treat others how you want to be treated. ♥

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS