talking to the moon

10.26.2015

READ about THREE RIVERS DEEP book series @ https://www.facebook.com/threeriversdeepbooks?ref=aymt_homepage_panel  ***A two-souled girl begins a journey of self-discovery...  (photo by: Steve Adams)

Hello, old friend, I whisper glancing out my window.

Clouds filter, blocking the silvery light.

I lift my window up.

Autumn breezes brush my face, stroke my curtains, and rustle the trees like a song for me and the moon.

It's been a while, Luna replies with the half smile of his.

I wait, tilting my face to the sky, watching the clouds pass.

Are you full? I ask gently. He looks round enough to me.

Moon shakes his head, sadly.

Not tonight, child.

I sigh. Now there aren't as many evenings spent

talking to the moon.

5 comments:

  1. I like talking to the moon. And admiring it in general.
    The night before last I took out the camera on the tripod and tried to get some pictures of the moon lighting up some clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous, Emily!
    xoxo
    Grace Anne // http://totallygraced.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool little story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This. Is. Beautiful!

    Keep it up!

    The Writer XX

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I'm glad you liked my post and thanks for taking the time to comment. Feel welcome to disagree with someone's comment, but please disagree nicely. The golden rule: treat others how you want to be treated. ♥

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS