A Glass Of Water

11.07.2015



I heard momma crying a few months ago,
right after we found out.
It was late and she was at the living room window.
Moonlight light up the tears streaming down her face.
Why, she sobbed, why us?
Her long, brown hair spilled down her back
And with the worry etched in her face,
She looked as young as me.
As young as Amandaline.

Everyone told us momma and Amandaline look alike
At least, until the incident.
Same thick, unruly hair
And clear blue eyes.
Now Amandaline's pale skin is even more ghost like.

I look like daddy.
Sandy hair.
Hazel eyes.
Abundance of freckles.
Eli could be my twin
Rather than my younger brother.

Then I realized why momma was crying
It’s just a bad dream, she tried to tell her self.
From where I sat on the stairs,
We both knew it wasn’t true.

I crept back up the stairs
as quiet as I came.
I wanted a glass of water
But I wasn’t thirsty anymore. 



3 comments:

  1. DUDE THIS SERIES OF POEMS IS MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE THING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad Ellie! I'm excited for your photo story thing too!

      Delete
  2. OOO this sounds amazing I need to read the first one!

    Rukiya XX

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I'm glad you liked my post and thanks for taking the time to comment. Feel welcome to disagree with someone's comment, but please disagree nicely. The golden rule: treat others how you want to be treated. ♥

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS