Lunch

7.25.2015





 I leaned against the kitchen counter, a book in one hand, apple in the other. It's lunch time and soon my family will all be in the kitchen.
  “So, Mom, Natalie’s birthday is coming up. Don’t you think I should get a present. Ya know, a ‘You’ve –survived- your- older- sister-for-14-years gift?’” Margo glanced at my mom with innocence. “After all, I have been wanting that gymnastics bar..” I perk up with the mention of my name. And birthday.
  “Seriously? Nice try, but no.,” My mom rolled her eyes as she started to fix herself a sandwich.
   At the table, my dad began to eat his sandwich on a hamburger bun.
  “Oh, dad, I forgot to tell you. The hamburger buns have mold.” Margo slid into her seat at the kitchen table, her voice nonchalant.
  My dad began to cough and spat out the bite he took. “For real, Margo?”
  She nodded and pointed to a green splotch on the underside of his bun. “I almost ate one earlier.” He coughed again and took a sip of soda.
  “So, what’s for lunch?” Nathan, my brother, skipped into the kitchen. He gravitated to the pantry. “And can I have soda?”
  “Whatever you want,” My mom said and sat at the kitchen table in between Margo and my dad. “Except the soda.”
  “But don’t eat the hamburger buns.” Margo added.   


~
Dialogue floats all around me.
Most of the time I listen instead of speaking. 
Today, at lunch, in the kitchen, I listened to my family.
All the stuff these characters said, 
my family spoke first:)
PS- Happy national dance day:)

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh, and also, I nominated you for an award!

      - Ellie

      Delete
  2. <3 And thank you:)
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the sweetest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I'm glad you liked my post and thanks for taking the time to comment. Feel welcome to disagree with someone's comment, but please disagree nicely. The golden rule: treat others how you want to be treated. ♥

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS