Another Problem

11.03.2015



Amandaline lays on the old, beaten up couch.
Moaning to herself.
Sometimes she bawls, babbling about the pain.
I feel like my body’s breaking She whimpered.
There’s nothing we can do.

I feel so useless
But when I try to help things don’t work.
Burning dinner.
Actin’ too rough with Eli
Disturbing Amandaline

Daddy’s outside.
Minding his own business
 He doesn’t hear mom’s comments
or rather ignores ‘em.

Momma’s doing everything
Talking gently to sissy
Slamming dishes in the kitchen painfully
Telling Nathan off
Givin’ me the cold shoulder

I don’t want to be another problem.
But after another day,
I can’t take this anymore.
When I talk, I say to much.
When I try to lounge in the chair, I’m lazy.

I never get anything right.

The tears are always there.
They can’t just go away.
I want to let them loose.
But I’m afraid
I’ll become another problem.
~
 

8 comments:

  1. Oh my God, this was absolutely beautiful, Emily. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could pin just text to a pinterest board. I would have one just full of the stuff you write, so I could go back and admire it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gwen! That is one of the nicest things anyone has ever said about my writing!

      Delete
  3. I admit, I felt tears pricking at my eyes while I read this. Now that's talent.
    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have amazing talent at writing!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I'm glad you liked my post and thanks for taking the time to comment. Feel welcome to disagree with someone's comment, but please disagree nicely. The golden rule: treat others how you want to be treated. ♥

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS