The Dark of Night

1.14.2015


From my window I watch as
darkness falls over my street 
like a opaque blanket
slowly, than all at once
 all becomes still 

In an instant
I here something worse than shouts
worse than screams 
or cries of terror
all I hear is silence
 
Soon
  The air has a slight chill
I feel it creep down my spine
as panic begins to set in
I see the clouds part
 
Like a gift from above
Light shines through the clouds
I am afraid no longer
when I see
The Moon 
****
I do hope your not tired of my poems!
Tomorow, I'm hoping to have someting
of a different post up tomorrow:D
Emily and the Dark of Night 

3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH I JUST THOUGHT OF A BOOK YOU SHOULD TOTALLY READ!!
    It's called My Name Is Mina by David Almond and it's about a strange little girl and her thoughts. She loves the night full of owls and writes things similar to yours. She loves words and thinking about birds and souls. The book itself is a stream of consciousness, and every time I read it I find a new part to identify with.
    I think you would enjoy it very much.

    I like thinking about your poems.
    Is her panic Fear of things in the dark? Fear of the darkness itself? Fear of blindness, suffocating blackness?
    The moon is like a nightlight, and also like a window into another world, one of calm and beauty.
    I too, love the night, it's blackness a thick blanket around my shoulders, the wind cold in my cheeks. And the moon and stars are there just for me, while the rest of the world sleeps.
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked up the book and OH MY GOSH! She sounds exactly like me! I am going to read this book ASAP! Thanks for recommending it to me!
      I'm glad you like the poems! I picture her fear of not so much the darkness but the things that lay past the darkness-the unknown. The night is definitely my favorite time of day (other than sunrise/sunset)
      ~Emily

      Delete
    2. I nominated you for the you are amazing and so is your blog award!
      Gwen

      Delete

Hey! I'm glad you liked my post and thanks for taking the time to comment. Feel welcome to disagree with someone's comment, but please disagree nicely. The golden rule: treat others how you want to be treated. ♥

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS